Friday, August 8

Weekend Thoughts









It's Friday!  I'm only working a half day today, too, which makes it the best kind of Friday (well, obviously, the whole day off would be even better...)!  And it's the best kind of weekend ahead- summer temperatures, finally, and NO PLANS!   These are my favorite.  I want to pick some berries, take some walks, watch Frozen with my girl (I caught her singing "let it go, let it go" at the top of her lungs yesterday in her playroom while I made dinner.  I didn't even know she knew that song, or that movie!  It brought tears, because of course, the pessimist in me immediately thinks - "what else is she learning when I'm not around?!"  Either way, I'd say it's time.  Redbox, here we come), and make one of these lentil/quinoa/barley/millet (or insert other grain that I'm not sure I've ever bought) salads, and hopefully pick some more vegetables from our (finally) ripening garden.  Did I mention I'm growing at an obnoxious pace?  Well, I am.  Tipping the scales, racing through the last of my non-maternity clothes, huge.  So it's time for some healthy food options ;)

I found this post today, and thought I should share.  Some ways to increase happiness, including celebrating your birthday!  I might write a letter to myself in 5 years... just think! 

Today, I'm going to use this method, and see how it goes.  Seriously, genius.  I wish I could share my typical "I want to lose weight" office visit with you.  It usually goes something like this:  ""can I get a pill or something to help me lose weight?  I've tried everything.' Me- ' Well, have you considered a program like Weight Watchers?  I've noticed that our patients who tend to lose weight and keep it off do really well with food counting programs.  And remember, you can't exercise off weight- it's about 70% what you're eating.' 'Oh, I don't have that kind of time.  Do you have a pill?'  Me- 'You know, I don't think it's a good idea, given your history of high blood pressure.  Why don't you try walking some more, and eating more real food: fruits and vegetables.'  'I've tried that, it doesn't work.'  Me- 'sigh, yeah, weight loss is tough.'"  AHHHH.  EVERY TIME.  It's so frustrating.   I'm trying this method today, and handwriting scripts for 30 minutes of walking 4x/week.  I'll keep you posted!


And if I had a waist, I'd probably spend some time at Jcrew today.  40% off all kinds of lovely things.  You're welcome!

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Frozen is such a beautifully created movie. Disney has done it again! I am trying to tone myself up as well, and I have been trying to do a running regiment. I have decided to just go in my pool and make whirl pools, then try and walk against the whirl pool. I can feel that it works better than running.

    Anyway, I found your blog through The Wiegand's link up, and I visited your blog earlier this week. I fell in love with it, reading about your country life, and seeing the beautiful photos you take. I felt that you deserved the Liebster Blog Award. I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! The Liebster is a way to expand your blog's audience and get to know other bloggers.

    Here is the link if you are interested: http://www.barefootinbluejeansblog.com/2014/08/liebster-blog-award.htm

    Have a great evening!

    Courtney from Barefoot in Blue Jeans
    barefootinbluejeansblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Courtney, thank you!
      I really appreciate your sweet words :) I'm using this space to remember our days, because, honestly, the time just flies once children arrive in our families. And I want to make sure I remember, even the little boring days.
      I visited your blog, too, and it's just as sweet. Thanks again!
      Lisa

      Delete